What are the challenges to effective teamworking?
- Advances in technology and the fast pace of change have driven employers to place a growing emphasis on versatility, leading to the need for more effective teamworking at all levels.
- Recent years have seen the replacement of traditional hierarchical forms with flatter organisational structures, comprising of larger teams in which employees are expected to fill a variety of roles.
- Cross-functional, short-term project teams have become commonplace in order to address short and long-term business opportunities.
- The modern business environment often means teams are working in different locations, time zones and languages.
How we can help
Identify team members’ preferred team rolesTeam Profile - click to enlarge
Using the Team Profile from our Dimensions online personality questionnaire, you can derive your team members’ preferred team roles. The Team Profile report indicates an individual’s strength of behaviour for operating in each of eight roles within a team, essentially the key areas of activity undertaken within a team to achieve the overall goal. This information can then be combined with the profiles of up to 11 other team members to create a Composite Team Profile, which can be used to:
- Facilitate team-building.
- Identify potential interpersonal issues in new teams.
- Consider 'What if?' team scenarios.
- Ensure that the team is functional and operational.
We can assist you in developing new or existing teams through the use of objective assessment and team facilitation sessions. These sessions can help address a host of organisational challenges, including change and restructure, team formation and team performance.
Related assessments and services
An online personality questionnaire for assessing key behavioural attributes in relation to work, for use across all sectors, functions and organisational levels
An online 360-degree feedback questionnaire, which helps identify the strengths and development needs of individuals based on the views of themselves, direct reports, managers and peers
Development Needs Analysis
Our analysis provides useful structure and rigour to the identification of individual and group level development needs
An effective feedback process represents a quick and accurate method for collecting targeted, behaviour-based feedback for use in development activities
We can assist you in developing new or existing teams through the use of objective assessment and team facilitation sessions
Our People Analytics services leverage your employee data to help you make more informed people-based decisions and deliver evidence-based insights